Melissa Goetz, CPA/ABV, ASA
QUALIFICATIONS OF VALUATOR
Accredited Senior Appraiser
Mrs. Melissa Goetz, shareholder of KC&G Business Appraisal Associates, Inc. (KC&G), is a Certified Public Accountant Accredited in Business Valuation and an Accredited Senior Appraiser. KC&G is devoted exclusively to performing business valuations of privately held companies and providing litigation support services. KC&G is a member of the Financial Consulting Group, the leading organization of business valuation and financial consulting firms in the U.S.
Mrs. Goetz was previously employed as a business appraiser with Kennedy and Coe, LLC. She started her career with Kennedy and Coe in 1996, and has been active in the field of business appraisals since 1997. Assignments include business valuations for Federal estate and gift tax purposes, employee stock ownership plans (ESOP), buy/sell arrangements, family limited partnerships, and succession planning. She has performed business valuations for several different industries, including agriculture, banking, manufacturing, construction, retail, and wholesale distribution. She also has an extensive background in taxation.
Mrs. Goetz is a member of the American Society of Appraisers. During 2004, she received her Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) designation as a result of successfully passing the Society’s intensive written and oral examinations, submission of appraisal data, and other qualifying criteria demanded by the Society’s International Board of Examiners.
Mrs. Goetz was awarded the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) credential by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) in 2002. The ABV credential is granted to qualified CPAs with considerable professional experience in business valuation. The requirements to earn the ABV credential include passing a rigorous exam, demonstrating significant business experience in the area of financial forensics, as well as completing a minimum of 75 hours of life-long learning and education activities in the area of valuation.
- Licensing with the Kansas State Board of Accountancy (1998)
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree, with a major in Accounting, from Fort Hays State University (1992)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- KSCPA Business Valuation and Litigation Support Task Force Member
- Member of the ESOP Association
- Member of the National Center for Employee Ownership
- Buy/Sell Agreements
- Business Exit/Succession Planning
- Fairness Opinions
- SBA Loans
LITIGATION SUPPORT VALUATIONS
- Divorce Cases
- Shareholder Disputes
- Lost Profit/Economic Damages
- Expert Testimony
- Charitable Contributions
- Estate & Gift Taxes
- Family Limited Partnerships
- C to S Corporation Conversions